Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Googly eye frame

Hey y'all. I got this idea from another blog.
I thought it was just too cute and perfect for Halloween.
So, here's what you need.

A square wooden {unfinished} frame - $1.00 at Michael's
Lime green craft paint
 painting sponge
black ribbon
Googly eyes {of all kinds of shapes}
hot glue
Scrapbook paper or cut out letters

OK....ready to get started?
First, paint a semi-thick coat of lime green paint on the front of your frame.
While it dries, heat up your hot glue gun.
I tried to use Elmer's glue, but the eyes keep falling off...
Lesson learned, never stray from the hot glue gun.
Once the paint is dry, start hot gluing the googly eyes all over the frame.
I started with the big ones and then filled in with all the others.

When the eyes are glued on, cut a piece of ribbon {I used black} a little more than the width of the frame, and hot glue it on the bottom half of the frame.

I then used my Silhouette SD {holl-a} and created the letters "E E K".
I printed them out purple and then cut them out on the Silhouette...
Lovin' my new toy - just sayin'!!!!

I glued the letters on top of the the ribbon, and wha-la...there you have it!


No comments:

Post a Comment