Sunday, October 2, 2011

Tired...

Whew. Here it is Sunday evening and I'm totally exhausted. But, I can happily tell you that this weekend was a success...
Success in that my yard sale was a complete success!
I think it was probably the best yard sale I've ever had.
I got rid of all my big stuff, and those awful maternity clothes, crib mattresses, baby clothes, and lots more stuff.
Apparently my "junk" was others' great treasures.
Granted I did "give" some of the stuff away essentially, but I was happy to get rid of it.
I made money on it and didn't have to just give it to Good Will.
Because I was not taking that stuff back in the house.
In the end, I did take a few things to Good Will, and only two bins of baby clothes went back upstairs to the storage area.
But, the best part of all...are you ready?
Remember why I wanted to have a yard sale????
I wanted to buy myself a Silhouette SD.
Well, these bad boys cost upwards of $200.00
I brought in $260.00!!!
That means I can purchase my awesome little machine and still have money to spare...
I possibly see a new pair of boots in my future too.
All-in-all, it was a great morning, and totally worth getting up at 6:00 AM on a Saturday.

My parents made it to town just fine.
We were all so excited to see them. As they walked in the door, I grabbed Mama and said "Let's go."
As wonderful as she is, she just followed along.
We went up to Dallas' school for Family Fun Day.
It was fun indeed. We ran into a few of her classmates.
They slid down a great big "bouncy" slide, saw a magician, and got their faces painted.
The PTA did a great job with the festival, and I believe everyone had fun...
that was the intent, right? :)

Of course in a day, there always has to be "unsuccessful" times.
And, I did had them.
I never got anything pumpkin in the oven yesterday.
And here it is October 2 and still haven't.
But, I did make my Friendship Bread last night that I've been smushing and mashing for 10 days.
It's so cinnamon-y and delicious!
Pumpkin will come another day.

 I fell into bed last night completely exhausted and was asleep I think before my head hit the pillow.

This morning proved to be the start of another full day.
My daddy did make a great "southern" breakfast and then we hit the ground runnin'.
Church meeting at 11:30.
Dallas had a soccer game at 1:00.
Clean and organize house.
And thank goodness for my awesome Mama, I now have clean bathrooms and clean floors.
Oh, and we'll throw laundry in the mix too.

But, I ended my day with ribs grilled by my daddy.
And, if you know my daddy, you know he knows ribs.
He makes the best in the country...maybe even the world.
We had ribs, Brunswick Stew, corn bread, and salad.
Such a great comfort meal to end a crazy but good weekend.

And somehow tomorrow is Monday and the start of a new week.
I'm tired just thinking about it!

So, how did you spend your weekend?
Did you have a great success? I'd love to hear about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment