Sunday, October 9, 2011

Weekend Recap

Whew, another crazy weekend done.
How in the world do they go by so fast? It must be these crazy schedules we insist on keeping. {And that would be my fault.}
Let's start this off with an update on my chigger infested heiney.
Boy is it infested.
Those suckers ate me alive.
I will spare you most of the details of the lathering with any kind of soothing and cooling lotion I could get my hands on, and tell you that it has been just as awful as it sounds.
The websites say the biggest side effect from these bugs is intense itching.
Intense huh???
Imagine a bunch of fire ant bites and multiply it by 1,000.
The itching has been so intense I have sometime caught myself looking around for a tree to rub my poor heiney on just like a dog.
These stupid critters have left me thinking like a dog...Thanks!
And the worst part...you're not supposed to scratch because that makes it worse.
Yea...fun.
But thankfully, my dear friend Amy told me about Chiggerex.
Hallelujah!
That stuff is a miracle lotion.
It has really helped with the intenseness of the itching.
It's been better today but still not out of the woods.
Just hoping that everyday gets better.
Thanks Chiggerex...I'm starting to feel Chiggerific!

Back to the weekend at hand.
IT was great just busy {as they all are}.
We started Friday night with the Phillies game.
Oh, the Phillies!
What can I say...it just wasn't meant to be.
But before the game we were ready.
The kids and I decided to surprise daddy with a Phillies party when he got home from work.
We made banners and pennants.
We got all the foods for a baseball game:
Peanuts,
Cracker Jacks,
Hot dogs,
French Fries,
Beer {for the parents},
&
Sprite {for the kiddos}
We were ready for a good game.
Unfortunately, not only was the game a pretty boring game, the outcome was not what we wanted...they lost.
No trip to the Championship game nor the World Series.
Oh well...

Saturday was filled with a lots of fun.
Eric took the kids to soccer for Dallas' soccer game.
I finally got some quiet time in the house to myself.
Oh, what to do.
I pretty much walked in circles the first few minutes not knowing what to do.
I then got to work.
Cleaned the kitchen {as always}
folded laundry,
and finally got my fall decorations up
{yes, 8 days later than what I wanted...just haven't had time}.

Here is before:
And, after...














A pumpkin and scarecrow made the bathroom...
After soccer, decorating, and showers, we went our separate ways.
The boys went to do boy things, and my girl and I went to do girly things.
We had our toes done, grabbed a quick lunch at Panera, and did some shopping.
We had such a great time. I love shopping with my sweet angel.

We got home and she packed for her sleepover.
She went to her friend's Little Ella's for a birthday sleepover.
We all took her over to our friends' house and ended up hanging for dinner, part of the UGA game, and oh yes, the "party".

Dallas stayed all night and into today.
She was one filthy and tired little girl today, but so happy.
She loves sleepovers.
{unlike her mother at this age.}

I was so excited last night that my Bulldawgs showed up.
They looked pretty good against Tennessee, and
we WON!
I love winning.

Today was just as busy.
Church,
Picked up Dallas,
Dallas had soccer practice,
Played baseball {lots of baseball} with Hunter,
Had a playdate at a neighbor/new friends' house with the kids.

Needless to say the kids were in bed early tonight.
They were pooped and so are we.
I hope y'all had a great weekend.

What did you do that was your favorite thing?


No comments:

Post a Comment