Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The Big Reveal

OK, so here it is...the big reveal of my dining room.
I'm so excited!!!
I've been working on it since July, and it's not quite 100% finished, but it's enough to where I can finally reveal it to you.
I've been wanting a dining room for 8 years {the last 4 1/2 especially}.
When we moved here, we made the "formal living" room the kids' playroom, and made the dining room into a sitting area.
I painted the walls brown. {There used to be pictures on the wall and a little more furniture too.}
I liked the brown, although no one else in my family seemed to.
But, the room never turned into anything I wanted it to be. Never really had a complete vision for my "chocolate" brown room.
So, this summer I decided to finally turn it into a dining room.
First things first, must address the paint color.
I picked a beautiful light blue.
As my UNC friends call it Carolina Blue.
Maybe, but my kitchen is red, so I've got my bulldawgs covered there ;o).
Anyway, the color is actually "Thar she blows"....
sounds kind of beachy, huh? I just love the name of paint colors. I think it really sets a tone for a room.
So, I primed the brown walls and instantly the room became bigger.
I then painted my pretty blue walls and even did the ceiling.
You can't really tell the ceiling is blue...it's just light enough and not so WHITE.
Next, thing on the to-do list...
Get rid of that awful brass light fixture.
Do you see it? Just terrible!!!
I found a great brushed nickel fixture at home depot, and quickly hung it. Just couldn't take the brassiness any longer.
After the paint went up, I made the curtains.
I'm sure you remember them. If not you can find them here.
I did a few more projects along the way.
I transformed an old, tired, shiny contour table from this...
to this...
to finally, this!
Hello? Face lift! Love it!!!
It's amazing what some stripping {furniture, that is}, paint, and new handles can do to a table.
I also did the "Etched"Window.
I also made a piece of artwork {if you will} for the wall.
But, I think my favorite thing of all, is my new dining room table and chairs.
I've been wanting them forever, and finally convinced my husband that it was time.
I bought them and just love them.
I do have to get the end chairs...which I'm hoping to soon, but they are currently out of stock at World Market, but they will be these...
Elana Banana Leaf Chair Set
Love them!!!
But for the time being, we have the six chairs that are working just great.
That's right folks, I'm going to have seating for 8!!! How 'bout that?
So, here it is, are you ready??? The big reveal...
Let's break it down.
Remember, I did the chairs.
I scored a great wine rack from my neighbor {as they were moving}.

It still needs a plant, but that's coming.
I brought down this great bamboo tree from our bedroom.
I got the rug from World Market {on sale none-the-less}.
I hung the shelves and the artwork on the back wall.
And just look at my great new light.


The shelves still need a little work. I have pictures ordered for the frames. The price tags also need to be removed.
And I love this piece of artwork. I'll
show you details on that another day.
And then there's my table and window...

So, there you have it...my big reveal!
Whatcha think????
I'm in love with it, and catch myself walking by it all the time and checking it out!
I'm such a sucker for decorating. ;-)
Thanks for stopping by and checking out my new favorite room in my house!
Have a great day!


1 comment:

  1. Nice! You have been busy...I love repainting and giving existing pieces facelifts!

    ReplyDelete