Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Wednesday

So here it is...Wednesday
a.k.a "Hump Day".

I would love to sit here and write and talk about the picture frame I've finished for the dining room.
Or the canvases I've painted to go inside the frame I want to finish for the
 dining room.
I would love to tell you how I fixed the one chair leg {that's missing a piece} or how I bought the two end chairs to finish the dining set for the
dining room.
I would also love to tell you how I ordered and hung the floating shelves from IKEA for the dining room.
 {and even how I've decorated them}
I would love to tell you how I got to see my good friend and neighbor {not for much longer} on her birthday today.

B.U.T...
It's Wednesday, September 7 and I hate to tell you that none of those things above have been done.
My canvases sit in the bag in which I purchased them.
The shelves have yet to be ordered.
The frame is a working project in my garage.
{and I'm sure my husband would love for me to get it out of there.}
The chair is still missing a leg and lying in the corner of the room.
Yes folks, the room I've been working on since mid July is not finished...
And it's starting to really get to me!
I just want it DONE.!

And, I'm a really bad friend!

But, that will have to wait until another day I guess. Today is Wednesday.
I can report though that it's been a very busy day at that.
Thank goodness for good friends because I had three friends come over today to help me put water bottle labels on 236 water bottles...
Yes, that would be two hundred and thirty-six water bottles.
Like I said, thank goodness for help!

If the water bottles weren't enough, I also played carpool to and from schools for the kids,
ran to Staples and Target, and finished laundry {from yesterday}.
Not to mention fight with Hunter about his stupid shoe strings on his tennis shoes...
don't even get me started.
Dallas had soccer practice this evening.
And I did manage to sit down for a few minutes to catch up on Design Star from Monday.

Which on a side note, I must admit I'm a bit shocked that Meg is in the final two.
I like her, but honestly I think she's struggled throughout the season and not really sure I see why she's there...but that's me.

So, tomorrow is Thursday, and I'm sure it will be filled with another busy day of kids, kid stuff, the gym, cleaning, the arrival of Grammy and Poppy {yay!}, and the dang shoes strings.

For now, though, my hamster wheel is slowing to a halt.
{I am not a nocturnal hamster.}
Tomorrow is another day and maybe, just maybe another day closer to my dining room getting finished.
Nah!





No comments:

Post a Comment