Monday, September 26, 2011

It's been a while

Hey there friends! It's been almost another week since I've last written.
It wasn't that I was super busy last week.
Well, ok, I was pretty busy. But will admit that despite the fact that I spent most of the week as a single parent I did have time to write to you at night.
B.U.T....
If I may have an excuse {or two three}...
  • I was just too tired.
  • I didn't have anything nice to say. {and my Mama always taught me that if "you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.}
  • I didn't have anything interesting to say.
Well, I'll be honest and say that all three apply here. Yes, I was exhausted come night fall, and I didn't really have anything interesting to talk about. There were also a few times that I just didn't have anything nice to say.
And I will admit it's my fault.
My husband was traveling for business that led into pleasure which enabled him to be out of town over the weekend.
Now let me start by saying he TOTALLY deserves a trip away. He works so hard for our family and he really deserved a weekend away. It's just so hard on me. So, I was a bit more on edge which sent the kids over the edge which led to lots of meltdowns {from all of us} and me pretty up-tight.
I know, it's my fault and I totally have mommy guilt for it, but I'm just being honest.

However, I will tell you that there were some highlights of the weekend.
For starters, my dining room is 99% finished!
I am so excited about this and will reveal it this week...I promise.
Dallas and her soccer team had an awesome game on Sunday.
But I have to say my favorite thing about the weekend was when two of my dear friends came over with their kids, brownies and wine.
We ordered pizza. The kids played so wonderfully {not one tear was shed}, and we drank our wine and laughed so hard. It was what I really needed.
I told you I'm a lucky girl with some great friends.

I did have a couple of hard days last week though.
My dear friend and neighbor and her family moved {again something not nice to say}. Granted they only moved across town. And they are close to Hunter's preschool.
But, they're not right across the street anymore. They're not that hop, skip, and a jump that I've always treasured since we moved here.
So, in the craziness of their move and dealing with the torrential downpours, I kept their youngest daughter for two days.
She was such a delight and she and Hunter played so nicely, but I'll be honest and tell you that having a 2-year old and a 3-year old for most of the day without a nap is pretty tiring...I've completely forgotten.

But look at me...
It's Monday, and I made it through last week.
I'm sitting here writing to you {which I love to do}, really trying hard not to be negative {I hope  you don't think I am}, and my favorite part - my man is sitting right here next to me!!!!
I {heart} him!

In the meantime {of my sulkiness} over the weekend,
Dallas lost her second tooth.
It just fell out Friday night while eating mac n' cheese.
And I'm so excited to tell you that she didn't freak out this time. She thought it was pretty cool.
She was super excited when the tooth fairy brought her 1 gold dollar coin!!! What a lucky girl.

Hunter started his indoor soccer last week.
He was so excited. He's such a sports kid and loves anything that has to do with balls and sports.

So, check out his number. Yes, that would be 26. When I signed him up the guy asked him which number he wanted. His choices were 4,5, &26. Hunter's eyes got as big as saucers and said, "Mommy, 26, that's Chase Utley's number. That's the one I want." And he didn't take that jersey off from Wednesday until Sunday night. He is one happy little boy to have the same number as Chase Utley...even if he is a baseball player and Hunter's playing soccer.
Last but not least I finally joined Pinterest.
Everyone was talking about it and doing it, so I had to figure this thing out.
I joined and totally did not understand it one bit.
But, instead of writing you and sulk about my being moody, I decided to figure out Pinterest. And like I've heard...I'm hooked.
Not it some crazy,"I have to do this all the time" way, but just love it.
I love the idea of it and how it works....
such a great idea.

I hope y'all had a great weekend and a good start to the week.
Thanks for listening...or reading.
I love my readers and look forward to the day I have more followers.
Only one more and I'll be double digits, baby.
In the meantime, I'm off to bed. I have a 3-year old boy I have to keep entertained tomorrow.
Before I go, I will leave you with this.


Have you ever seen a cuter pirate baseball player in your life???

No comments:

Post a Comment