Sunday, September 18, 2011

Grub Club

I'm a very fortunate girl in that I have a lot of friends. I have good friends whom I have met from different Moms Groups, preschool, church, and just in the neighborhood. I love all my friends and cherish each of them.
One group (3 girls), and I are pretty close. We keep each other balanced in the day-to-day life with either trips to the gym, runs in the neighborhood, or daily texts just to see how we're making it through the week in this crazy scheduled life we lead. We met basically through our kids, but have formed a solid bond. We have realized over the last few years, that we have a lot in common and that's what brings us so close. We are all from the South and similar family backgrounds. Also, we have each faced adversities - some much more extreme than others - but we have all made it through on top and are much stronger individuals.

About a year ago we started this thing we like to call "Grub Club".A few months ago I mentioned our Grub Club here.
We rotate houses where we get together for drinks, dinner, fun, and laughter. Our husbands join us; and it's a nice time to get out with couples and enjoy some adult time with good friends. We try to do it once a month, but with traveling, holidays, and crazy schedules we can sometimes only do it every two months. None-the-less, we all look forward to this time together.
Last night was Grub Club. We met over at Amy and Alan's house. The food as always was delicious. The menu included...
yummy, light appetizers,



chicken & steak kabobs, baked potatoes {including all the fixin's},

 salad,

 and dessert...


oh and of course drinks - can't forget the drinks.


I made the dessert, a Brown sugar, cinnamon peach pie with vanilla ice cream. I got the recipe from Southern Living, and it was fairly simple to make. You can find the recipe for this yummy treat here.

As usual, the night was filled with lots and lots of laughter, good food, and drinks. I absolutely love and cherish my time with these friends. It was such a great night, and I'm already looking forward to our next Grub Club.
{It will be my time to host, so I better get this dinning room finished.}



No comments:

Post a Comment