Friday, September 30, 2011

Is it fall yet???

I know that officially it's been fall since September 23, but fall never begins in our house until October 1.
Yes, I am one of those people who have been taught that you never ever wear white after Labor Day.
I don't care if that "fad" has changed over the years.
I am a southern girl and I never, ever wear white shoes, pants, or skirts after Labor day.
I just don't.
I'm also one of those people who thinks fall doesn't begin until October 1.
I'm so excited to put out my cute little pumpkins and scarecrows and work on new fall projects, but I'm telling you they will not begin until tomorrow...
October 1.
But, tomorrow is October 1, and come hell or high water, 
 I can guarantee there will be something "pumpkin" baking in my oven.
I will try my best to put out at least the first pumpkin of the season.
And, seeing that the temperature is supposed to drop 25 degrees since yesterday, I can pretty much guarantee I will be enjoying a nice, hot pumpkin spice latte.
{OK, so I did cheat there and have already had 2 over the last couple of weeks. What can I say we had a couple of cooler days.}
As my excitement boils inside of me for the beginning of fall, I'm also preparing for a yard sale.
Yup, that's right, getting rid of some of my junk.
After all, one man's junk is another man's treasure, right.
I've been trying to clean out the storage closet off our bonus room. Well, I started on Monday and made a huge mess and it's been that way ever since.


 Granted not all of this stuff is being sold. It's only a small portion of all this stuff.
Hey, a girl has to keep some stuff right?
In gearing up for the yard sale I also decided to clean out and reorganize our storage closet.

Just picture it...all of that stuff above was in this closet as well as this stuff...
boy that's a lot of stuff.
I've got baby clothes coming out the wha-zoo and I must get rid of them.
But if nothing else I need to reorganize.
It's just awful in there.
And my goal is to make enough money to buy my sweet self one of these
Silhouette thingy's that's going to make me so much craftier.
Cross your fingers my goal is met...;-)

Not to mention, do you remember these people?
That's right, my saints...oh wait, Mama and Daddy;
or as the kids like to call them Mama Suzy and Papa G.
They are coming in 2 days!!!
I'm beyond excited.
I just hope they're ready to be put to work because we have a lot of project to be accomplished while they're here.
What can I say, they must work for food around these parts. :o)
Well, off to get all my "junk" ready. Must get to work myself!
I hope y'all have a great weekend.
Oh, and...

Go Dawgs....Sic 'em! Woof, woof, woof!
Beat Miss. State
{We'll see if that shout out brings them some luck.}

1 comment:

  1. Crossing fingers and toes you get your Silhouette!! :)

    ReplyDelete