Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Life and TV Recaps

Well, first things first...big news in the Lentz household.
Remember a couple of weeks ago I posted about
"Something old, something new..." {yada, yada, yada}?
You can find it here.

Anyway, the big day came!
Dallas lost her first tooth. I think I'm still in a bit of shock.
She was the one child I didn't think would lose her teeth so early because the poor child didn't get any teeth until she was 14 months old.
Seriously!
We never thought that poor child would get her teeth, but she did, and now they're falling out!!!
Anyway, we were playing the Wii on Sunday morning.
She was eating some goldfish and she spit something on the floor.
She said something about a seed. I looked down and knew right away there was no seed.
All of a sudden she gets this horrified look on her face and just loses it.
She was crying and carrying on, which made it a bit difficult to get the blood to stop.
Once she calmed down and realized "it" didn't hurt and "it" was no longer bleeding, she was excited.

She even deemed Sunday, "her special day."
She was even more excited to use her {my}toothfairy pillow.
She tucked her baby tooth down in the little pocket and tucked it by her head.
Monday morning, just as suspected, the toothfairy had made an appearance.
Lucky girl, she got $2.00.
I mean really, I only got coins when I was a child.
I guess that's what you call inflation!

We also had a big weekend around here.
We bought the Wii.
Yes, we are a bit behind the times, but we finally felt it was needed for our family.
And I will be honest and tell you that we {meaning the whole family} played for hours on Saturday.
What can I say...It was raining outside.

Yesterday was a big day for me...season premiers of Dancing with the Stars, Castle, and How I Met Your Mother.
Now I know there were a lot more season premiers out there, but these are three shows that I love. So I'll break it down for you:

Dancing with the Stars:

In true DWTS fashion, the night was full of sequins, spray tanning, and B list celebrities.
I am a bit impressed that they got David Arquette for the show...I would say he's a B+ lister.
I didn't know too many of them, but was very excited to see David and Hope Solo.
For me, I wouldn't say there are any initial front runners. I thought it was a typical first show of the season.
There was stiffness, missing steps, and glimpses of hip shaking and pure elegance.
I am a bit excited to see how the season goes. They all usually surprise me in some form or another.
And as for the pro dancers...
as long as Max is there, I don't care who else dances.
And that's all I have to say about that.

Castle:
At the end of last season, Kate was shot.
So of course the premier was all about her recovery and coming back.
The show as usual was filled with murder, breaking rules, and a "secret" between Castle and Kate.
I love this show and look forward to it every week. But...
I began watching the show a while back and loved it because it was filled with comedy along with drama...a little thing I like to call "drama-edy".
This also happened with Grey's Anatomy.
I use to live and breathe for that show {ok, not really}.
It was serious with hospital stuff but it was pretty witty. I would laugh through a lot of the show.
I found as the seasons went on, it became so serious. It's now so serious and has so much drama, I can't watch it anymore...I need laughter at night.
My hope is that won't happen with Castle.
I love the wittiness that Rick, Kate, and the crew bring to the show.
But after last night, it left me thinking..."this has happened before."
Meaning, man that was very serious. I just hope it doesn't turn into only trying to fight this one killer. Don't get me wrong. I would love for Kate to have closure for her mother's death, but enough with all the seriousness. I could watch the regular news for all that.
I was happy to have my show back and did enjoy it. I just hope it doesn't stay so serious all the time.
And on another note...
Kate, just give into Castle already!

How I Met Your Mother:
I watched this tonight on DVR.
I can't help but crack up at this show.
I love all the characters but hands down, Barney steals the show.
Neal Patrick Harris is so hysterical, I just love laughing at him.
And to think Doogie Howser used to be so serious.

I hope y'all had a good weekend and the start of new shows.
What are your favorite shows out there???

No comments:

Post a Comment