Monday, April 9, 2012

Baby Burp Cloths

With my dabbling in the sewing world, I decided I wanted to try my hand a a baby gift.

We all know that most use a great deal of burp cloths in a baby’s lifetime, whether the baby is a spitter-upper or one who drools a lot.

One of my aerobics instructors just had baby numero cuatro…yes, that would be number 4. I so admire her and how she does everything she does.

I decided that she would be my first victim…I mean first recipient…LOL.

I bought a pack of Gerber cloth diapers, some fabric, jumbo Ric-Rac, and used ribbon I had on hand.

They were all pretty simple.

The first one I sewed on a piece of soft/bumpy hot pink material.

February 2012 004February 2012 006

Once the material was sewed on, I added some jumbo black Ric-Rac on either side of the pink material.

blog stuff 2012 015

I just loved this soft material and went with using it. Somehow in my excitement I forgot to take pictures while I was make the second one…Whoops.

Anyway, I made it like a pillow cover. I cut the material the same size as the cloth diaper. I sewed it right sides together, like making a pillow cover. I flipped it right-side out and sewed up the corner.

Then I added some ribbon and Ric-Rac.

blog stuff 2012 014

Well, now I was on a roll and decided to do just one more.

This one was the most simple of them all. The hardest part was making sure the ribbon stayed on straight while sewing.

blog stuff 2012 011

I pinned on ribbon on to help break the cloth into thirds.

blog stuff 2012 012

They were finished.

blog stuff 2012 013

To make them into a gift, I folded them up and wrapped them with a pretty ribbon. {Ribbon makes everything prettier, right?}

blog stuff 2012 016

And there you have it…a cute little baby gift.

Congratulations, Christy! So, happy for you and your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment