Monday, April 23, 2012

Towel Hanger

Recently our towel hanger in our half bath downstairs fell off the wall. Well half of it did anyway.

So, for a couple of months or so, this is what we had for our towel to hang on…

April 2012 042

Yeah, pretty bad huh?

This weekend I decided it was time for a new one, and decided to make one…why not!

I stopped in Michael’s and picked up a square wooden plaque. I had a credit with their new rewards program and maybe paid $.20 for it.

Cha-Ching!

I also picked up a coat hanger at Target. I believe it was around $3.50.

I already had paint on hand and used it.

April 2012 069

After painting it with craft paint I realized it probably would have been faster to use spray paint, but the craft paint worked well too.

Once the paint dried I used my {I mean the hub’s} drill and attached the hanger in the center of the square.

April 2012 055

Very Simple…and different. I liked it!

It didn’t come with any hardware and I wasn’t sure how to attach it up on the wall.

I thought and then decided to use these new strips made by Command.

17206 Command(TM) Picture Hanging Strips

They are the coolest things ever! They are like plastic, Velcro strips. One side attaches to the back of a picture frame or wooden frame as I would have. The other strip is on the wall. Once you let it sit for 30 minutes, you just SNAP the strips together and that’s it! No nails, no holes. They are awesome!!!

So, I used two strips and snapped it to the wall. Perfect!

April 2012 053

April 2012 054

Aahhh, so much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment