Monday, April 23, 2012

“Toes in the Sand” Canvas

I wanted to make something for the mini makeover I was doing in my half bath.

I purchased an 8X10 canvas at Michael’s. It was half off and with a credit I had I think I paid $.20 or something like that.

I had some yellow paint on hand and some vinyl I wanted to use.

I painted it Medium Yellow with my craft paint and then brushed over it a little with a Champaign color to dull the brightness a tad.

April 2012 078

I then decided on the saying, “Toes in the Sand” for the wording.

Yes, it comes from one of our favorite songs and favorite music groups…but of course it had to be the radio version.

I printed it out on black vinyl and began applying it to the canvas. For some reason it didn’t want to stick to the paint, but with a little elbow grease and a tad bit of Modge Podge, it stuck like a charm.

April 2012 079April 2012 080

April 2012 051

I love how it turned out for our “beachy” bathroom.

April 2012 049

No comments:

Post a Comment