Thursday, April 12, 2012

Good News!

I am so excited to share some great news with y’all tonight…well, at least I think it’s great news.

{No, there will be no babies gracing the presence of the Lentz household…}

Do you remember this project I did a few weeks ago?

blog stuff 2012 004

It was my Spring Fabric & Burlap Wreath. You can find the tutorial HERE.

Well, last week I took part in another blog’s “Wow Me Wednesday” party. I posted my little project along with many others out there in the blog world. I do this every now and then but a lot of the time feel inadequate because the stuff these bloggers do are A-MA-ZING!

Anyway, I got over my shyness if you will and took part anyway.

Well, I got an email today from Ginger, the amazing creator, writer, and keeper of Ginger Snap Crafts. She loved my wreath and decided to feature me along with 14 others in her “favorites” from last week.

Did you see that???

She featured ME!!!

I’ve actually been featured on another’s blog.

I am beside myself with excitement. I cannot even explain how much that means to me and my little blog.

So, you don’t believe me??? I know, I didn’t quite believe it either until I saw it for myself.

Well, go on over to Ginger Snap Crafts and check it out!

Thank you so much, Ginger for featuring me! I really appreciate it!

While I continue with my excitement, I want to share two more things with y’all.

Dinner tonight was so scrumptious! Thanks to my Bestie who pointed me to a recent “pin” she had on Pinterest. She said she tried the meal last night and everyone loved it, so I thought I’d give it a try.

It’s Pan-Roasted Chicken with lemon and vegetables.

I had some chicken thighs I needed to cook and wanted to roast them with some vegetables.

I have to say…It was very easy to put together and was wonderful.

blog stuff 2012 002

I made a couple of changes to mine.

I used 1 lemon and 2 small limes I needed to use up. I also used carrots instead of green beans.

The combination of lemon and garlic make everything in the dish just melt in your mouth.

Of course tonight we had to have dessert, right.

It’s strawberry season here in North Carolina.

If you know me at all you know that my all time favorite dessert is Strawberry Shortcake.

Sure, I love some peach cobbler, banana pudding, and Strawberry Cake, but I LO-OVE me some Strawberry Shortcake.

blog stuff 2012 003

My favorite is made with my grandmother’s Sour Cream Pound Cake, but that didn’t happen today.

Here’s what I used:

blog stuff 2012 001

Sara Lee All Butter Pound Cake – thinly sliced

Cut strawberries

Breyers Vanilla Ice Cream

Whipped topping

Cut the strawberries, sprinkle with sugar, and let stand for a while to allow them to make their own juice.

Thinly slice the cake and stack cake, strawberries, cake, strawberries.

Put a dollop of either ice cream or whipped topping on top and drizzle with the strawberry juice.

It’s so yummy!

Well, I hope y’all had a terrific Thursday. I have to say mine started by getting up on the wrong side of the bed, but quickly made a positive turn and ended up being pretty terrific!

No comments:

Post a Comment