Friday, April 13, 2012

Cookie Friday!

Happy Friday, y’all!

I’ve really been in the mood to bake something and figured since it’s my bestie’s birthday today I would celebrate here {even though she’s 8 hours away} by baking some cookies.

She LOVES cookies, and peanut butter, and oatmeal, and chocolate…

So, I decided to make some Peanut Butter Monkey Bars in honor of her!

blog stuff 2012 007

Here’s what you need:

Peanut Butter Monkey Bars

blog stuff 2012 001

1/2 cup butter

1/2 cup whit sugar

1/2 cup packed brown sugar

1/3 cup peanut butter

1 egg

1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1 cup all-purpose flour

1 cup rolled oats

2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Frosting:

1 cup confectioner’s sugar

1/4 cup peanut butter

3 1/2 Tbsp. milk

1. Cream butter and both sugars together. Blend in 1/3 cup peanut butter, egg, vanilla, and baking soda. Add flour and oats. Mix well!

2. Spread in greased 13X9 baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove and sprinkle with chocolate chips.

3. Return to oven and bake for 8 minutes. Spread to smooth out chocolate chips. Cool!

4. Make frosting by mixing confectioner’s sugar, 1/4 cup peanut butter, and milk until it make a spreadable consistency.

5. Poor frosting over chocolate layer. Refrigerate to set.

blog stuff 2012 002

A couple of things here:

1. For some reason my chocolate chips decided NOT to melt. Who knows, but they still taste good.

2. Obviously they taste good because I’ve already eaten a hunk out of the bottom left corner…don’t mind me.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LIZ!!!!

I hope it’s a wonderful birthday weekend for you. Wish I could be there to help you celebrate, but I will be there in spirit eating cookies in honor of YOU! Love you lots!

XOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment