Monday, April 16, 2012

Strawberry Croissants

Do y’all have a food that you have to have on a certain holiday? You know Turkey at Christmas, ham and black-eyed peas at New Year’s…
The last few years I’ve been making on of my favorite breakfast treats on Easter morning. I don’t make the often, mainly because they seem like a special treat to me.
This year would be no different. We were attending a breakfast at church before service, so I decided to make them to share….and now I’m sharing with you!
I will warn you…they are a little bit of heaven on Earth.
April 2012 112
Here’s what you need:
European Croissants
Cream Cheese
Light Brown Sugar
Sliced Strawberries
April 2012 103
Unfortunately I do not have any measurements…I kind of make it to taste as I go along.
{I doubled the recipe for the church breakfast, so I had 2 boxes of croissants and 2 8 oz. packages of cream cheese.}
First, you want to soften the cream cheese in the microwave until it’s almost melted…it will be VERY soft.
Add brown sugar and mix into the cream cheese. You can make it as sweet as you want.
April 2012 104
Take the croissants and open.
April 2012 108
Spread the cream cheese mixture on the bottom half of the croissant. You can put as much or as little as you’d like. I like it to have a little more…your preference.
April 2012 109
Layer sliced strawberries on top of cream cheese mixture.
April 2012 110
Close it up, and there you have it.
April 2012 111
SUPER simple and oh so delicious!!!
I cut these in half and made a huge tray. By the end of church they were gone!
So, do you have a favorite dish that you have to have at Easter???
I’d LOVE to hear about it and maybe a recipe…I love recipes.
Happy Monday, Y’all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment