Monday, April 23, 2012

Half-Bath Mini Makeover

Hey y’all. Happy Monday!

I was a pretty busy little bee this weekend, but that’s nothing new I guess.

After washing the bath mats and them basically disintegrating in my washer and dryer, and the fact that our towel hanger fell off the wall months ago and was half on there, I decided it was time for a “mini-makeover”.

April 2012 038April 2012 043

April 2012 042

My little shopper {Dallas} and I went out yesterday and had some fun shopping for this little project.

We hit Home Goods, Bed, Bath, & Beyond, Target, and Michael’s.

Here’s the end result…

AfterApril 2012 054

I’ve been wanting a white cabinet in there for quite some time but never bit the bullet and bought one…until yesterday.

I love it. It’s got the bead board look on the sides with cute little feet and crown molding around the top.

April 2012 049

I loved the white frame but now wondering if I need to paint it or not. I kind of like it white, but maybe some stripes might look nice on it too…What do you think?

I do love the starfish jar on top. I used some sharks teeth and goodies Eric’s found on scuba diving trips to fill it.

I made the “Toes in the Sand…” canvas which came from Michael’s. You can find the tutorial HERE.

And of course we had to get a new rug. That’s the whole reason for the new makeover, right?

April 2012 048

Yes, the tags are still on it in case I changed my mind, but I think it’s found it’s home.

I also made a new towel hanger.

April 2012 053April 2012 054

You can find that tutorial HERE.

So let’s break it down…

The rug came from Target and cost – $34.99

The cabinet came from Bed, Bath, & Beyond. It cost $47.99

The starfish jar came from Home Goods and cost – $9.99

The white frame came from Home Goods and was – $5.99

The canvas came from Michael’s and was a whopping – $.31

The wood plaque for the towel hanger cost – $.17

The coat hanger for the towel hanger came from Target and it was – $3.49

The hand towels came from Target and were – $3.50 each.

So, for about $115.00 this little room got a mini-makeover and is now happy again.

halfbathbeforehalfbathafter

No comments:

Post a Comment