Saturday, July 2, 2011

4th of July Decorations

I have found so many cute things to do for 4th of July out there in the blogging world. So, here we go:
1 - I found an adorable Ribbon Wreath from Landee See, Landee Do
http://landeeseelandeedo.blogspot.com/2011/06/20-minute-4th-of-july-wreath.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+LandeeSeeLandeeDo+%28Landee+See%2C+Landee+Do%29

She was right, it literally took about 20 minutes. I bought a wreath at Michael's with a 40% off coupon. I bought ribbon at 50% off as well, and some floral pins.

I tried to make the cute paper fireworks that are on hers too, but did not have any luck. I just couldn't get them to do right. So, I went back to Michael's to see what I could find. I picked up some flag garland and found the neat shaped wooden stars. I spray painted the stars and hot glued on the floral pins. I tied a 'regular' bow around it and played around with the garland. I then put in the stars. I think it turned out pretty cute...if I may say so myself.


2 - I also found this cute "God Bless America" Printable at Landee See, Landee Do. So, I followed her directions, copied it, saved it, and printed it. I bought a frame for $2.99 at Target. and there you have it. I already had the red candles and candlesticks in a closet just waiting to be used.

I found the star plate at Michael's (I think) for $1.99 and picked it up. I bought the plate holder at Wal-Mart for $2.00. It was that aweful gold color, so I used some blue spray paint I had and spruced it up a bit. And, there you have it, the right side of my mantel.


3 - Now on to the left side of the mantel...I was trying to make these cute paper fireworks that I found on a blog, but for the life of me couldn't do it, so I gave up. I found the pinwheels at Wal-Mart for $1.00 each and picked up 4. I got the flags from Michael's for 2 for $1.00. I already had the red pasta leftover from a Valentine party I threw, so I pulled that out and filled the vase with it.

I got the idea to paint the frame from a fellow blogger "friend" at Barefoot Daydreams. I bought a wooden frame from Michael's for $1.00. (Um, can you tell I like Michael's?)

I spray painted it white.

 Once dried I taped it with painters tape, and painted with some blue craft paint I already had. When all that dried, I used some sand paper and started scrubbing. I printed a picture of the kids I just love and there you have it.

I found the lantern at Target for $2.99 and picked it up too.


I think the whole mantel cost about $12.00. I just love it, and now we're ready for the 4th.

Before...

After...

No comments:

Post a Comment