Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Catching up...

So, if you're wondering, no I did not go and jump off a cliff last Thursday when Dallas started kindergarten. It would only be MY luck that my computer decided to die Thursday morning. I kid you not. I've been noticing that the screen was going dark. Well, Thursday morning I go and turn on my computer like I do every morning and the screen was very dark...to the point that you can barely make out the screen picture. Great! Are you kidding me!!! Today of all days...oh well, long story short, I took it in and had to buy a new laptop. But, didn't get it back until the other day because they were switching over all my data...whew, at least I didn't lose anything.

Well, back to the matter at hand...the first day of Kindergarten. Dallas did G.R.E.A.T. (and I did great too). There were no tears from either of us. She was so excited and just walked right in her class. I was such a proud mama.

Getting ready for school.

Proof...we're both all smiles.

She was saying "Kindergarten" as I took this.

Walking the walk to school...

Dallas standing in front of her cubby.



















I will admit that the day gets really l.o.n.g. She goes from 9:15-3:45. That's a long day. I was ready to go get her at 2:00, so to wait another hour and 45 minutes got really long. But when I picked her up, she was all smiles and loved her day. Of course they do staggered entry here, so she only had 3 other kids (all girls) in her class that day...um, who wouldn't love that????

The weekend was great as well. Eric came home on Friday, thank goodness. We were missing him.
On Saturday I decided it was time for a new project...yes a new project. I've been wanting to re-do our "dining room". Well, technically it's supposed to be a dining room, but we have no dining furniture so it has a couch in there and is more like the formal living room. The changes to this room will come later, but it all started with stripping and re-doing a piece of furniture. I decided to change a contour table I had in there. I've always loved it, but it just needed to be updated.

Table before...

Table after stripping it for hours...the finished product will be in the projects section...soon.
 So, check it out in projects (well, give me a few days)...it's a story in itself. This "project" took me most of the day....they always take longer than expected.
While I was working the kids played outside riding their bikes, and playing in the slip n' slide.
That evening we had a new sitter come to watch the kids and we got together with some good friends for our monthly "Grub Club"...more on this later.

Just a little taste of our so so yummy dinner.

And yummy cocktail...


Gotta love a good Grub Club!
 Sunday, was a pretty low-key day. I went to a baby luncheon for a friend whose having a baby soon. The food was delish and the company was even better. I can't wait to see what she's going to have.

Laura, the baby mama, sitting in the center...Sarah, hope you don't mind I used your picture.
This week, it seems that I've jumped back on my hamster wheel. I've been go-go-go all week, and haven't had much time to sit, much less write/type (on my pretty new laptop).
Dallas has had her first full week of school this week. She's done really well. She gets a little teary, but I expected that, and am still super proud of her.
Hunter's been in camp for his second week and seems to love it. It's at their preschool, so it's a bit of a drive for me, but he's having fun and I'm getting some mommy time.
Monday I had a ton of errands including picking up my unsold items at the consignment sale (which is a whole other story for a different day), meeting with friends for a quick hello while they had brunch, picking up my new laptop, a trip to Wal-mart, and a church meeting after picking up Hunter.
Tuesday, I painted while the kids were gone and got the walls painted, but the room is still not finished.
And today, I worked this morning, made a quick trip to the mall to spend my Gymbucks, had a spur of the moment lunch with Eric, and then picked up the kids. I was hoping to finish painting today but not having enough paint and Dallas busting her face on the hardwood floors quickly changes my plans...oh well. Like Scarlett O'Hara once said, "After all, tomorrow is another day".

No comments:

Post a Comment