Wednesday, July 13, 2011

In the blink of an eye...

How in the world do we have a 5 year old who will be starting Kindergarten, tomorrow??? What?! How did this happen? I remember when she was born, and I would hold her all snuggled up - with her hair sticking up like a Chia Pet. People would tell me to hold on because she would be starting Kindergarten before I knew it. Well, here we are...It's the eve of our baby girl starting Kindergarten.
So, tonight I want to take a look at the last five years of my sweet baby girl. Here we go...sit back and grab some tissues (at least I will)...It's been a fun five years, and here's a snipit.

Dallas' First Year














Dallas at Two








Dallas is Three








Dallas' Year at Four










Dallas is Five!!!








And now here we are...the eve of Kindergarten! Tomorrow is a big day. Everyone keeps asking me 'how am I doing' and 'am I ready for this'. My answer is yes, I am ready; and most importantly Dallas is ready. Do I have reservations, nope. I'm excited...excited for the new adventure.
I do miss the baby stages and milestones that she's made over the last five years, but I look forward to the new milestones she's going to make. Like the book "If I Could Keep You Little", I would do anything; but I would miss her growing up, and I wouldn't want to miss that for the world.
So, if you're asking does it seem like it's been 5 years since she's been born...Y.E.S. But, I will admit in some respect it has gone by in the blink of an eye!

1 comment:

  1. I still have a month before Noah starts Kg, but I feel the same way. Some days it DEFINITELY seems like I have had him for 5 years, and other days I look back and it seems like just yesterday I looked into his little blue eyes for the first time. Good luck and enjoy! The first day of Kg only happens once!

    ReplyDelete