Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A Little Girl Shopping

Yesterday I got to do something I don't get to do a lot of...go shopping with my little girl. My son started his two week camp at his preschool. I had originally signed him up thinking that was the same time Dallas started Kindergarten and he'd have something to do too. Well, I didn't realize they do staggered entry here, so she actually doesn't go until Thursday of this week. I got really excited for that because I don't really get many opportunities to just spend time with her.

A quick pose before camp.

Hunter ready for camp.














We dropped Hunter off at camp and headed to the mall...isn't that what all little girls and their mommies do when given the opportunity?
The mall wasn't open yet, so we went to Panera for some bagels, coffee, and juiceboxes. We giggled and ate bagels and had a great time.

Eating her yummy cinnamon crunch bagel.

Dallas had to take a picture of me too.















The mall was then open so we walked around. We went in the Gap, Gymboree, The Disney Store, and Macy's. I stepped foot in Pottery Barn and she turns to me and says, "Mommy, I don't want to go here, it's boring."...(which I have to tell you that the word "boring" is their favorite word right now. They say it all the time whether in the right context or not.)
We didn't buy much, but just walking around with her and talking was so much fun. It reminded me of the time she and I went shopping with my Mother-in-law and Sister-in-law, and her mom when she was about 7 months old. She hung with us and if I remember correctly, picked out a lot of the clothes we bought for her. So, I guess it was instilled in her at a very early age.

Ready for some shopping fun at 7 months old.

 After a hard day of shopping.
I have a couple of more days that she and I get to spend together and I can't wait to see what we can get into...nails, toes, more shopping...
I LOVE having a girl!

1 comment: