Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Creamy Chicken Italiano

So, I'm seeing that crockpotting is all the rage these days. Here's one of my families favorites. {Sorry I don't have pictures.}

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 envelope dry Italian salad dressing mix {I use the Good Seasons kind}
1/4 cup water
8 oz pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 can cream of chicken soup
4 oz. can mushrooms, drained {you can also use fresh mushrooms}

Place chicken in slow cooker.

Combine salad dressing mix and water. Pour over chicken.

Cover, and cook on Low for 3 hours. {I usually forget to thaw out my chicken so I put it in frozen and cook on high for about 5 hours.}

I like to then roughly shred the chicken with two forks.

Mix together the cream cheese and soup until smooth. Stir in mushrooms. Pour over chicken and combine.

Cover. Cook on Low for 1 hour.

Serve over noodles or rice.

**You could add other vegetables if you'd like. I was thinking of adding carrots or peas. I would probably add the carrots in the beginning with the chicken and water mixture and the peas in the end with the mushrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment