Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Refreshed...



So, I've been trying to write about our great weekend away since we got back (On Sunday), but just haven't had the time. And, seeing that today is Wednesday it seems that last weekend is old news, and who really cares anyway. So, I will tell you this...
My "Saints" have returned home (boo), but not before keeping spoiling my children for a couple of days so my husband and I could get away. We just wanted to relax and have conversation without interuptions, and to be honest I wanted to hang up my "Mommy card" for a couple of days. So, we took a quick trip over to Wrightsville Beach, NC.

It was the perfect weekend of sand between our toes, good books, long walks on the beach, conversation (adult conversation), great dinners out, and even a comedy show. The weather wasn't the ideal beach weather on Saturday, but we didn't care...we sat on our chairs under the umbrella, felt the gail force winds and the few sprinkles that came through. But all-in-all it was wonderful.
We headed to Wilmington Saturday night and Sunday for a little while. It's a great little town that reminds me a smaller version of Charleston and Savannah in one...I love it there.


 
 
 





 
 
Coming home...we were ready to see the kids and start a new week refreshed.

No comments:

Post a Comment