Monday, August 8, 2011

Food, Friends, Beer, & Baseball

If you keep up with this blog at all you know that I am a baseball lover. I love the game and the experience of going to the game. I guess it was engrained in me when I was a child.
We're pretty lucky here to have two minor league teams close by and it's pretty cheap to go. The kids love going as well, so we normally go as a family. Saturday we decided to go with just other couples and make it an adult night at the Durham Bulls game. It also helped that the Bulls were playing the Lehigh Ironpigs (who are affiliated with the Phillies).
I was so excited about our night out, that I decided to make little "goody bags" for the couples. Yes, I know, a little over the top, but that's me. What can I say, I am my mother's daughter.
 I filled the bags with baseball type treats, sunflower seeds, cotton candy, white chocolate covered pretzels, and popcorn. I tried to find Cracker Jacks but after going to three stores and not finding them, I pretty much struck out....no pun intended. I did find Crunch n' Munch, but no where in the famous baseball song does it say, "Buy me some peanuts and Crunch n' Munch", so they weren't  appropriate. I decided on cheese popcorn instead.

There were 6 of us who decided to all ride together, so we piled in the minivan, which I like to call the party van. We drove to Durham, parked, and met up with another couple to eat at Tyler's Tap Room. Dinner was filled with good drinks, good food, and good conversation.

After dinner, we headed into the ballpark for the game. We were a little late getting there, but dinner was great so it was worth it. Our friend, David, works for Bayer with Eric and he got us the Bayer box seats for us. We've never gotten the tickets and didn't realize how good the seats were...they were a.w.e.s.o.m.e. We were third row from the dugout on the firstbase line...so cool.


The game was great! The Bulls won, and I have to say I saw probably the best play ever including a turn around catch, back throw, and ending with the first baseman doing a perfect split (OUCH) to make the play and get the out. It was crazy!
I wanted to get a picture of Wholly the Bull (the mascot) but he never came by where we were.


{Plus, as I took pictures at night they were not turning out, to say the least. Every time I took pictures they turned out blurry and aweful. Eric being the "great photgrapher" says it was just me and he could do it. After a few minutes, he practically threw the camera back to me and replied that it was aweful and we needed a new camera...yippee....I've been wanting a new camera! Hope it comes soon.}


 Here's a few pictures from the game. I tried to fix them a little. Somehow though we only got pictures of  the Ironpigs and none of the Bulls...imagine that.
I love going to baseball games with my family and seeing the kids love the game as much as I do, but I have to say, going with just adults made for a great night!

1 comment:

  1. Lol I love how all the guys are wearing visors.. Haha I had to laugh bc my husband would have fit in perfectly. Lol

    ReplyDelete