Monday, August 1, 2011

Yummy yummy snacks...

I l.o.v.e. dips!!!! I love all kinds of dips; hot dips, cold dips, veggie dips, fruit dips, cheesey dip... I could probably live on dips.
This weekend, Dallas started feeling better (thank goodness) and we went over to some friends' house for dinner. I said I would bring an appetizer and a drink, and so I began to search for a good appetizer.
Me being the over-the-top type of person, and the kind that can't take just one thing, decided to make two dips and a drink. So, I looked through my recipe notebook of recipes I've found in magazines and on-line to find the perfect ones. I decided to make:
Chocolate Cheese Ball (I didn't make it into a ball this time, and just left it as a dip)
Baked Tex-Mex Pimiento Cheese Dip
**Both of these are on the recipe page.**

And for the drink, I made a White Sangria. I used parts of two different recipes and added some things of my own. The recipes I normally use are on the recipes page. But, here's the one I made for Saturday night.
1 (750 ml) bottle white wine
1/4 cup cranberry vodka; 1/2 cup plain vodka
6 Tbps. pink lemonade frozen concentrate, thawed
1/4 cup white sugar
1 cup club soda
2-3 peaches peeled, pitted, and sliced
1 bunch red grapes
1 lime sliced

It was really good. I hope you'll try some of these recipes...they are really good!

No comments:

Post a Comment