Thursday, March 15, 2012

Crazy…That’s What I am!

I don’t know about you, but lately my hamster wheel {I like to call life} has been on super fast auto-pilot.

It’s crazy. I feel like I’m running from one place to the next all the while trying to do laundry, cook, clean, pick up kids, drop off kids, get a work out in, birthday, birthdays, and more birthdays, oh yes, and start my new little crafty/business adventure.

Whew, I’m tired, but I’m here.

The weather has been absolutely gorgeous this week. I’m not quite ready for 80 degrees, but with no humidity and a breeze, it’s been super nice.

The pollen has not come out in full force yet, so we’re able to keep the windows open for a little while to get some fresh air…Love!

Do you find a particular month or season there are a ton of birthday? That’s March for us. We have 6 birthdays in the month of March all within days of each other. I’m a sucker for birthdays though, and love attending all the parties and celebrating with everyone.

Speaking of birthdays, yesterday was my sweet hubby’s birthday. I wanted to give him a post all to himself, but the lack of time just won’t allow it these days, sorry Babe.

It’s wasn’t a huge milestone…that’ll have to wait to next year. Like I said, I’m a sucker for birthdays and all that goes in to it…cake, balloons, parties, dinners, surprises…and did I mention cake????

Unfortunately he had to work on his birthday {I guess that’s what grown-ups have to do}. So, I emailed a work colleague of his and coordinated a little surprise.

After picking Hunter up from school we headed over to his office with cookie cake, cupcakes, and balloons.

He was totally taken aback and had no clue we were coming. It brought a big smile to his face and I think helped make his day.

March 2012 037March 2012 038

After he came home from work, we gave Daddy his birthday present. We weren’t supposed to do presents, but I went in with my parents and his and got him a new chimnea for the deck. It’s super cool, and we really needed one. Plus, what’s a birthday without presents?? He was totally surprised but loves it.

March 2012 002March 2012 004March 2012 009March 2012 010March 2012 012

Then we went out to dinner.  We headed to Kanki for some hibachi. We haven’t done that in over a year and the kids love it too, so we thought it was a good night for it. The kids got into it and were just mesmerized by the whole thing.

March 2012 013March 2012 014March 2012 015March 2012 016March 2012 017March 2012 018March 2012 019March 2012 020March 2012 021March 2012 022March 2012 024March 2012 025

Is the birthday over yet? Nope, not at all. We got home well past the kids’ bedtime, but we still had to do cake.

Eric’s not a big sweets guy and the only cake he really likes is ice cream cake, so of course I had to get him one.

March 2012 029March 2012 030March 2012 033

Overall, I think he ended up having a pretty good birthday. At least that was my intention. I think the funniest part of the whole night was when we got home Hunter decided he was a “Japanee” and was cooking for us.

March 2012 039March 2012 040

Today was just another busy, busy day.

I did get to the gym today and pushed my run a little farther so that felt great. We had an errand or two to run, but before I knew it the day was over.

Hunter’s class has been studying rainbows so I thought we’d take in a special little snack tomorrow. I found this idea on Pinterest {of course I did}. Hunter helped me put it all together…he was such a great helper.

March 2012 054March 2012 055

blog stuff 2012 008

Aren’t they super cute?

And if you have two kids {or more} you know the sibling rivalry. So, I had to make Dallas and her class a treat as well. I wanted to do something a little different because to be honest, this one can get expensive….so I scoured the blogs and Pinterest and found this cute idea for Leprechaun Food. Only problem was, today when I went to go make it, I couldn’t for the life of me find it again. So, I had to go with my memory {oh, no} and do the best of what I remembered from what I read.

blog stuff 2012 005blog stuff 2012 007

All it is is popcorn, white chocolate melted and poured over the popcorn, green sprinkles, and M&Ms.

Super easy and too cute. Now all my peeps are happy.

Well folks, it’s 10:15 and laundry is calling my name. Must go finish my chores and off to bed.

Y’all have a great night and thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment