Monday, March 26, 2012

Just What This Mama Needed

Happy Monday, y’all! I hope you had a good weekend.

I know we sure did.

I have to tell you, I really needed a weekend with nothing to do, no schedules to keep, and no where to be at a certain time…and that’s exactly what we did.

The weather helped with this little “plan” of ours because it was pretty rainy and stormy most of the weekend, making it a great time to stay inside, play some games, watch movies, and stay in pjs all.day.long.

Saturday was wonderful. After snuggling in bed until almost 9:00 we all got up and came downstairs for breakfast. This is where I usually start my day…in the kitchen…fixing coffee and breakfast for everyone. Not today…nope. My wonderful hubs took over and did it all. I actually sat on the couch and let him do it…shocker I know.

He made pancakes, cereal, bagels, whatever everyone wanted. He made me coffee and served it all to me. It was heavenly – even if the pancakes were a little “done”. {wink, wink}

After breakfast and some HGTV watching, Dallas and I decided to do our nails.

She picked out ALL of the colors she wanted, and picked out mine too.

We got to work…

blog stuff 2012 008blog stuff 2012 009blog stuff 2012 011blog stuff 2012 012

All the while we’re being typical girls and primping and painting nails, the boys were downstairs being boys and playing “Batman and Robin”.

blog stuff 2012 014

Here’s my little Batman…isn’t he scary?

His costume is about 3 sizes too small and he’s wearing his vampire teeth to boot…one scary Batman.

They also played some hockey…yes inside none-the-less.

blog stuff 2012 018

While our nails dried, Dallas and I settled in the bonus room with the remote in hand. We found that The Princess and the Frog was on TV so we decided to watch. Hunter joined us after a little while too.

We watched the movie, put puzzles together, and hung in our pjs all morning long.

Eric ran out to Lowe’s for me to pick up some paint and the underlayment for the new flooring for the laundry room.

Oh about 3:00 PM I decided I was ready to get out of my pajamas and went to put on my paint clothes. I started painting the back door. It was in dire need of a face lift. Being our “front door” I was tired of it being white and dirty and gross…so it’s getting a new facelift and color.

Here’s the before:

This is the look from the inside.

blog stuff 2012 001

This is what we see when we enter the house…bleck!

blog stuff 2012 002

The paint is not finished, so you’ll have to wait until another reveal of the laundry room.

Sunday was another great day! After church we had some lunch and got started on some chores. Eric worked in the yard {before another storm}. I changed sheets and putzed around the house. I ran a couple of errands, and the kids enjoyed playing outside.

After I got home from the store, Eric went to the gym and I put food away. I kind of snapped at Dallas {I know, bad mommy}, but she was doing something I asked her not to do.

She ran upstairs and instant mommy guilt set in.

After putting the food away I went up and found her in her room. She was playing with the tons of jewelry she has.

We started putting on jewelry and getting all fancy. We decided to go a step farther and fix hair. She and Hunter did mine, and I did Dallas’.

Then, it was makeup time. Luckily all she has is glitter lotion and lip gloss because Lord knows what I would’ve looked like otherwise…ha!

When Eric got home we had a fashion show for him and even did a dance…no, no poles involved…just a mommy and daughter shaking our hips and showing Daddy Dallas’ tap dance. Winking smile

blog stuff 2012 005blog stuff 2012 006blog stuff 2012 007

It was such a fun weekend…one I totally needed.

A big thank you to my great hubs and favorite kiddos for giving this Mama exactly what she needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment