Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Spring Burlap & Fabric Wreath

It’s been a while since I made my last wreath.
I’ve been contemplating on what to make next, and then I realized I’m ready for a spring wreath.
With the flowers and trees starting to bloom {well, they’ve been blooming here since mid-February…} and seeing that it’s March I’m ready for Spring.
Like I’ve said before I have a slight addiction to wreaths…not quite sure where that came from, but I just.love.them.
Yes, yes, I even have a separate “board” on Pinterest just for wreaths….
I found a couple that I just adore and it got me thinking…I can do one of these {with my own twist, so I’m not actually ‘copying’}.
Here they are:
This one is made out of a canvas drop cloth…so clever!
SOURCE: Brown Paper Packages
And this one is made of white burlap.
burlap wreath pinterest contest
SOURCE: The Ginger Snap Crafts
There’s tons more out there I’m sure, but these two really caught my eye. I love how they’re kind of “messy” looking if you will…you know not straight lines and all perfectness. I love that.
Well, this got me thinking and I wanted to make one of these wreaths, with my own twist.
So here you go…ready? My Spring wreath
blog stuff 2012 001
Here’s what I used {in case you want to make one…Smile}
Blog stuff 2012 004
For this wreath I used a wire floral wreath form.
Fabric I had on hand
Burlap
Scissors
Ruler
Pen
I laid out my fabric and burlap and for each one I made a mess of 1” X 12” strips.
If you look at the wreath form, you can see there’s two sets of two wires…there’s the outer 2 and the inner 2. Well, seeing that I like things poufy I wanted to put the strips on both sections instead of all around the whole form.
I took a strip at at time and tied it around the outer 2 wires. I only tied it once…it’s all that was needed.
blog stuff 2012 015
I went on like this kind of squishing them together to make them tight.
Once the outer section was done, I moved to the inside.
blog stuff 2012 014
It didn’t take too long…maybe and hour to do all the tying and two hours total from start to finish.
I just love it and think it’s perfect for my front door for Spring.
I hung it today and stepped back…
blog stuff 2012 002
Yes, it’s cute, but missing something…looks kind of plain.
I thought for a minute and then had an idea.
blog stuff 2012 005
I cut out “Happy Spring!” from my Silhouette SD in pink vinyl and put it on the door.
Now it’s perfectly “Spring-y”.
What do you think?
blog stuff 2012 004

A Diamond in the Stuff



My entry into Wow Me Wednesday sponsored
by Appliances Online and Bosch Washing Machines

4 comments:

  1. Your wreath looks great! And you are totally right it is "spring-y" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your wreath, I just might try one of those!! Great job! Very lovely.

    And I have say, the title of your blog made me smile. My husband is a Northern/Midwestern boy (suburbs of Chicago) and I am a Midatlantic girl (Maryland suburbs of DC) and for the last almost 5 years we have been living in a very small town in the South! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! Yours turned out soooo cute! I'm so honored to be mentioned, too! Thank you so much! I'll be featuring you Thursday afternoon on my blog!

    Ginger @ gingersnapcrafts.com

    ReplyDelete