Sunday, March 4, 2012

Just Us Girls

You know the saying, “when the cat’s away, the mouse will play”…that is exactly what we did.

The boys headed out of town yesterday morning at the crack of dawn {Dallas’ black binoculars and all}.

It’s been just Dallas and me. We had a wonderful girls’ weekend a month ago to New York and had a fabulous time. This weekend we got another “girls’ time” here at home.

I have to say it’s been exactly what we both needed.

We snuggled in the bed Saturday morning and then hung in our pjs for a while…no rushing around to be anywhere. Now that was nice.

We decided to go shopping, so we got ready and off we went.

blog stuff 2012 001

We hit some of our favorite stores throughout the afternoon…The Dollar Tree, Michael’s, and the mall.

Dallas wanted an icee from Auntie Anne’s. I told her I didn’t have any cash {which was true}, and if she wanted one she’d have to use her money. I was very proud of her that she did. She bought her own icee and was so proud to do it. Now she’s trying to figure how to make that money back…cute girl.

We went to Crazy 8 and I loved everything in that store. I could have bought everything in there, but didn’t. I did get the kids’ Easter outfits and a few more things for them….and then it was time to leave.

We left the mall and decided to go get our nails painted. It’s a special time that we like to share together every now and then.

I didn’t get any pictures there because our hands were stuck in soapy water, getting rubbed down with lotion, and getting a pretty color painted on them. It was fun.

We were pretty tired and hungry and decided to come home.

We grabbed a quick bite for a late lunch. Dallas started playing her little game of school. I got out my new crafting stuff and we both got to work. I’d stop and we’d play “centers” for her school game. But for the most part we worked together separately.

I’m not sure that makes any sense. We were both in the same room enjoying each others company but doing our own thing. We were quiet but enjoyed the quiet and enjoyed talking when we wanted. It’s what we both needed….we like our ‘quiet time’.

I told Dallas she could pick where we went to dinner, and she wanted Mellow Mushroom. So, that’s where we went.

blog stuff 2012 007

This morning was kind of a repeat of yesterday. We snuggled then enjoyed a lazy breakfast.

I was helping my friend Jenn teach Sunday School so we got ready and headed to church.

After church we met up with my friend, Chris, and purchased tickets to see the new movie The Lorax 3D at 2:30.

We headed home for a little while, grabbed some lunch, played and crafted, then headed to the movies.

blog stuff 2012 020

Aren’t those glasses super cute?

The movie was great! It was so cute. It’s definitely a must see.

When the movie ended we went to Starbucks for a latte and hot chocolate with Chris and her son, Connor.

The kids played on our phones and we were able to catch up some…it was great seeing her.

Tonight we made dinner and normal ‘bath, bed, and beyond’ routine. Unfortunately, the ‘beyond’ part wasn’t so good.

Dallas seems to still be dealing with her separation anxiety at night like I mentioned here.

When she’s tucked into bed she wants me to sit in the bonus room until she falls asleep. Problem with that is the fact that A:It’s not fair to me. B: I've got a ton of stuff to do before I go to bed. C: It’s MY only time with my husband at night.

We’ve done the “cry it out” thing with her several times since she was a baby. It was super hard then, but I have to say, crying it out with a 6 year old is much harder…they’re much more stubborn at 6.

So, she cried and screamed my name for an hour. She’d get out of bed, stand in the hall, and sometimes on the stairs. Super Nanny came into play and in the battle of the wills, I won.

She eventually went into her room and fell asleep by herself!

Huge step. Hopefully by the time Daddy and Hunter get home, this will be cured. Hey, a girl can hope, right.

I don’t want to make this bring down the weekend because it didn’t. We had such a good time together and I love being with her. She’s such a great child, and I’m so blessed that she’s mine.

As much as I love it when the boys are here and we’re all together, I have loved being just us girls.

I sure hope y’all had a great weekend. I’d love to hear what you did to pass the time.

Hope y’all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment