Monday, March 5, 2012

Let’s Talk Food…

Hey, friends!

I want to talk to y’all about one of my favorite things ever…FOOD!

I love food. I appreciate food. I love to cook and eat food.

My Daddy always said that food and the process of cooking food is an occasion. {I guess maybe it’s a Southern thing.} It’s about gathering in the kitchen or out by the grill enjoying each other’s company and all helping when needed. There is a reason people always end up hanging out in the kitchen…it’s because it’s where the food is.

Anyway, back to the matter at hand, I just love food {I’ll eat pretty much anything.}

I do love to eat food, but I also love to cook. I love trying new recipes, making up my own recipes, and falling back on my childhood recipes. It’s pretty safe to say that if you can’t find me, I’m in the kitchen.

One of the things I love to make and completely have a weakness for are dips. I love having chips, crackers, veggies, or bread to dip into something ooey and gooey and let it melt in my mouth. Trouble is I have a real hard time when I start eating dips to stop. It’s pretty bad, but I just can’t help it.

So tonight I wanted to share a few of my favorites with y’all.

If you’re looking for a dip that is cold here’s some good choices:

Loaded Baked Potato Dip

Spinach and Cheese Dip

Cream Cheese Salsa Dip

I have to say all of these are wonderful but the Cream Cheese Salsa Dip has to be my new favorite!

Are you looking for an Ooey-Gooey warm melt-in-your-mouth dip? Here’s a couple of good choices:

Spicy Artichoke Dip

Baked Tex-Mex Pimento Cheese Dip

Both of these are scrumptious!

And, if you’re looking for a fun, sweet dip this one is a great one.

{And the kids like it too when you serve it with Teddy Grahams.}

Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball

Well, there you have it…a few of my weaknesses.

I hope you try one {or two} next time you need a good appetizer. If you do, I'd love to know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment