Thursday, March 8, 2012

Spring Mantle

While the boys were away this past weekend Dallas and I did some crafting. Seeing that it’s March and Spring is getting ready to arrive, I was ready to change up my mantle and get it ready for the new season.
I just love Spring and everything that comes with it…warmer temperatures {with little to no humidity}, flowers and trees blooming, being able to wear jeans and flip flops…it’s like it’s God’s way of waking us all up from a deep Winter’s sleep.
So, I pulled out my Easter bin and realized I didn’t have much for a mantle…ah-ha, time for crafting. Where’s the first place to go to get ideas??? Pinterest of course.
I found this adorable Easter egg tree and had to make one.
Pinned Image
It’s from sweetfloweret.com…SOURCE
While Dallas and I were out we hit the Dollar Tree. I bought the eggs and Easter grass there along with a few more Easter-y stuff.
blog stuff 2012 003
I got the cone from Michael’s and used my 40% off coupon.
I heated up the hot glue gun and began gluing on the eggs.
blog stuff 2012 005
Once the eggs were glued on, I started sticking the Easter grass down into the “holes”. There were blank spot between the eggs, so I took my scissors and used the point of them to help the grass go into the crevasses…no glue was needed here.
blog stuff 2012 006
That’s pretty much it…simple as that.
Oh, I did hot glue a bow on top for decoration.
blog stuff 2012 027
I was on a roll with my Easter trees and decided to make another one. I made a ribbon tree at Christmas, and loved it, so I decided to make one for Easter as well. I bought some ribbon at Michael’s and already had the cone shape on hand. I didn’t want to hot glue this one, so I got out my sewing pins to hold it all in place.
blog stuff 2012 008blog stuff 2012 009
This was pretty easy as well, so I kept pinning.
blog stuff 2012 011
I added a bow at the top of this one too…just for the finishing touch.
blog stuff 2012 026
Two more things I made and then put it all together.
I bought a cylinder vase at the Dollar Tree and decided to paint it.
blog stuff 2012 015
I had the paint on hand and it is the perfect blue for spring.
I taped around the vase leaving some blanks to help make stripes.
blog stuff 2012 016
And then I painted, let it dry, and painted it again. I love how it turned out.
blog stuff 2012 033
I {borrowed} some sticks from my neighbor’s birch tree and painted them yellow. Super easy.
The last thing I did was print out the Easter Subway art.
Of course I found it on Pinterest too.
Pinned Image
It came from eighteen25.blogspot.com: SOURCE
I printed it out on cardstock and instead of framing it I used a canvas I had wrapped in yellow fabric. I used my favorite, Modge Podge and glued on the art. I also hot glued on some big Ric Rac to give it a little pizazz.
blog stuff 2012 025
I gathered the other things I had purchased either at the Dollar Tree or on clearance at Kohl’s and arranged my new mantle. And of course the wreath got a new ribbon.
blog stuff2012 001blog stuff2012 003blog stuff2012 004
Do you have out your Spring decorations yet? If so, how do you decorate???

No comments:

Post a Comment