Monday, March 12, 2012

Shoes!

Have you ever had a pair of shoes that you just l.o.v.e?

You know the pair of shoes you want to wear every day and you’d sleep in them if you could?

Well, when we lived in Florida I had a pair of those shoes. They were flip flops {of course they were flip flops, because that’s all we wore down there}. They were black and super cute, and best of all I think I paid $15 for them.

They had a tiny heel {well sort of}. There was just enough height to maybe help my short self grow 1/2 inch taller. The part I loved about them is they were the kind of flip flops you could dress up or dress down, and they were so comfortable…and the fact that my bestie and I had the same shoes {yes, we’re crazy like that.}

I loved these so much that I wore them until I literally walked out of them one day in the Kroger parking lot here in Raleigh, all the while 6 months pregnant with our son.

I will never forget that day {obviously} because I was so sad. I think I shed a small tear when they broke , and they may or may not be buried in a shoe box in my backyard somewhere…

They were the best shoes ever…heaven rest their soles.

Fast forward to last year.

I spotted these flip flops one day at a local boutique and they just called to me.

They looked so similar to my “Old Faithful” shoes.

They were a bit cuter in the fact that they were also Switch Flops…do you know what I’m talking about? The Lindsey Phillips Switch Flops?

Switch Flop Sandals to Match Your Interchangeable Straps

The flip flops that you can change the straps for different occasions and outfits?

I have two of the Lulu style {far left} and have loved them and have worn them out.

So, back to my shoes that were calling to me across the store. They were perfect…they resembled my old, favorite shoes, and to make them even more perfect they were Switch Flops.

In steps the problem.

The price of these pretty and perfect shoes was $50.00.

Well, with me being a stay-at-home mama, it’s hard for me to justify spending $50.00 on a pair of flip flops…running shoes, yes, but flip flops –no…not even if they are perfect.

I put those shoes down and left the store.

Once again fast forward to today.

I was out and about and decided to stop by this boutique to see what they had in these days.

I moseyed through the store and found myself in the back by the shoes. Low and behold I saw those as Hunter would say “perfect for me shoes”. They still had the flip flops.

I bit my lip and asked the sales lady if she had a size 7.

And she did.

I tried them on and it was like stepping back into those once favorite shoes of mine.

I looked at the price…yup, $50.00.

I gulped and thought “what the heck, it’s Eric’s birthday week…I can splurge on myself.” Right?!

I took them up to the counter and was already feeling a sense of buyers remorse, but there was no turning back.

The sweet lady rang it up and said, $15.69.

W.H.A.T.?!?!?!

Are you sure? Wow!

I couldn’t believe it…these awesome, beautiful shoes are going to cost the same as my old favorite shoes.

I was ready to do a happy dance…and I didn’t want to take them off all afternoon. They are so adorable and I just love them.

blog stuff 2012 003

Aren’t they just gawgeous????

They are so perfect for me and I just love them!

I guess sometimes waiting is a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment