Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St. Patrick’s Day

Hey y’all…Top ‘O the morning evening to ya!

I hope y’all had a great St. Patty’s day. Ours was great; filled with parties and friends and lots of green.

I started my morning with a great run with my good friend/running buddy. Nothing better to start the weekend with a good run. I came in and the kids {all three of them} were hungry.

I made coffee, and got started on breakfast. Growing up every year on St. Patrick’s Day, Mama would make us green eggs, green grits, green toast, and once green milk. Garrett and I looked forward to it every year…well except for the green milk.

Now that I have kids, I feel that I must pass on the tradition to my kiddos. So, this morning we had green cinnamon toast, green sugar grits, and regular eggs…didn’t think they would appreciate the green eggs. It was great none-the-less.

We got dressed and started our crazy but fun day.

March 2012 035March 2012 036March 2012 039March 2012 041March 2012 043

First stop…our friend, Natalia’s birthday bowling party. The kids were super excited about this. It was a lot of fun and good to catch up with some friends we haven’t seen in a while.

March 2012 016March 2012 017

After lots of bowling and cake, we headed to Downtown Raleigh to meet up with more friends for lunch at an Irish Pub. We figured it would be fun to do something different for lunch and get out of Wakefield for a little while.

The place was packed with lots and lots of people and green was everywhere. We grabbed a bite of lunch with our friends Chrissy, Alex, and their son Connor. It was good seeing them and catching up.

Hunter was convinced that there were leprechauns in the pub somewhere and he was determined to see one. Well, we all know leprechauns are pretty fast and very hard to spot, so we didn’t see any there…in steps a very disappointed little boy.

As we were leaving and walking back to our car, low and behold a leprechaun rounded the corner and was headed towards us. Hunter stopped in his tracks and was star-struck. It was so cute. The best part… the leprechaun was super sweet and posed for a quick picture.

March 2012 027

How about that??? The day was complete.

I must say we had a very cool and fun St. Patrick’s Day. What did y’all do to celebrate?

No comments:

Post a Comment