Tuesday, March 6, 2012

My boys are home!

I’m so excited! My boys are home.

They flew in this morning and it was so good to see them. The saying “absence makes the heart grow stronger” is totally true.

I really needed a break from Hunter for a few days, but I tell you I REALLY missed him {even his whining}, and couldn’t wait to get my arms around that little guy!

I missed Eric too, but I always miss him. Between his traveling with work and work, work, and more work, I miss him all the time.

More than “missing” them, I’m so happy they got to have special time together. It’s always good to spend family time and travel together, but I think it’s also very important to spend one on one time with each child, and sometimes that includes traveling with them.

Dallas and I recently went away to New York and had a ball. The two of us got to bond and make memories with each other along with Grammy and Aunt Leigh. It was so fun. And this weekend we got to bond just the two of us here at home. It was awesome.

So, it makes me so happy that Hunter and Daddy got to spend some time together doing something they love…watching Phillies baseball. To make the trip even better they got some special time with Eric’s dad…aka Poppy.

Eric remembers growing up going all over the Northeast following baseball players and getting balls and cards signed. It has always meant so much to him. This trip with his dad and his son meant so much to him, and that just tickles me pink.

I can’t tell you how pleased I am they went away…just the two of them.

March 2012 003March 2012 033March 2012 049

From the sound of it, they had a great time. Hunter caught some balls from the players in the bullpen, got minor leaguers to sign his ball, and just watched his favorite sport.

He also had a great time on his first plane ride.

March 2012 058March 2012 060March 2012 061March 2012 062

But like I was saying, I was so happy to get my hands on both of them.

We had a great time today enjoying being together.

Hunter even got to ride the bucking horse…

Blog stuff 2012 005Blog stuff 2012 006Blog stuff 2012 007

Yes, that would be Hunter on my legs and flipping over…great leg work out in case you’re wondering.

Tonight I made a super yummy, “welcome home”, meal for them. I knew they would be wanting some good ole’ home cooking. This recipe is a family favorite and always a crowd pleaser.

It’s called Chili Buttermilk Baked Chicken.

Blog stuff 2012 009

You should try it sometime. It’s pretty simple. You can find the recipe HERE.

I have a couple of craft projects up my sleeve and I’ll be sharing them soon. But until then, y’all have a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment