Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Spring…

Well, it’s definitely Spring….the flowers are really starting to bloom along with the Bradford Pear trees.

Man I tell you, those trees are so pretty but boy do they stink to high heaven. It’s awful. We have them up and down our street. They are gorgeous and really help brighten the yards, but yuck, yuck, yuck…they smell like dead fish. Bleck!

But with Spring comes two of my favorite things…baseball and dance recitals. I’m a pretty lucky girl that I have a boy and a girl so I get to enjoy both.

Today was a very special day in our house…costume day and first day of T-ball.

Dallas had Acro today and got to try on {and bring home} her costume for the recital. Looking back as a dancer, I always remember that day as a very special day. It was so fun to get the sequined and fringed costumes and try them on. Having a daughter going through it I get just as giddy as I did way back when.

March 2012 001March 2012 003

Here she is showing off her costume…she’s with her little friend, Ava. They are two very happy campers.

While they had their costumes on the class got to perform the dance for the parents…super cute.

She was all into it, and being a kind of shy natured kid, she was shaking her stuff…making her mama really proud.

Funny thing is, I look back at old pictures of when I used to dance, I had kind of a similar costume one time…same colors and lots of black fringe. I guess some things never change. {I tried to scan the old picture but scanner’s broken.}

We left dance and it was time for Hunter to start T-ball. He’s been wanting to play for so long, but couldn’t until he was 4. Now he’s 4 and he’s playing T-ball. He’s on the Blue Jays team, and today he had is first practice.

March 2012 005

He was beside himself with excitement all day today. We went and got him his baseball bag and it was packed most of the day.

Usually we have some kind of an issue with clothing or shoes with him and most of the time, things “are not perfect for him”. We’ve tried in the past to put on the baseball pants or cleats, but as usual they were not perfect and he’d pitch a fit.

Not today!

No sir-re. He wore his pants all day without a single problem. Then he put on his cleats and was the happiest boy in the world. I guess they are perfect for him after all.

He was super cute at practice. He jumped right in and did everything the coach asked. He hit a few balls, ran the bases, and worked on catching a little.

March 2012 006March 2012 007March 2012 008March 2012 009March 2012 010

While we were leaving, we asked what he liked the most. He said, “hitting, but I didn’t get to slide. I really wanted to slide.” Lookout Uncle Garrett, we might have a new “Dirt” on our hands…you might have to pass that name down.

We are a very excited household right now filled with stinky trees, pretty costumes, and a T-ball bag. Ah, life is good.

What is your favorite thing about Spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment