Thursday, March 29, 2012

Thursday’s Thoughts

How in the world was it Monday and all of a sudden it’s Thursday?

What a week! I guess it’s time for a Thursday’s Thoughts…

We started the week in the doctor’s office with Hunter. Poor thing, he suffers from allergies – like most of us do. The pollen has been just awful here {as everywhere else as well, I’m sure}. And, bless his heart he comes from a long line, on both sides, of allergy problems…so he’s pretty much doomed.

Anyway, since last Friday {to today} he’s had oh 7 or 8 nose bleeds. And most of them are in the middle of the night I might add.

He had 3 last Friday alone. He woke up Saturday and his face was so swollen. We made it through the weekend, well mostly. He had a nose bleed in the middle of the night Sunday night and I decided it was time to talk to the doctor.

Side note: if you don’t know me…there are two things I don’t do well with: loose teeth and nosebleeds.

We went to the doctor on Monday and little Mr. Man is now taking…ready for it…Singulair once a day until June 1, Zyrtec twice a day until the middle of April, and he needs an ointment put in his nose three times a day for a week because he’s developed infantigo in his nose and that’s causing the bleeding.

I mean don’t get me wrong, things could be a lot worse, but I just feel so bad that his poor little face is swollen every day. He sneezes and has a runny nose all the time, and he’s just a stuffy mess. It just breaks my heart. But, he’s a trooper and it doesn’t seem to phase him too much.

Speaking of pollen…can y’all believe the pollen out there. I mean every year is bad, but this year in particular reminds me of a couple of years ago. You drive down the street and you’re driving in a thinck green cloud. It’s everywhere! When I go outside I feel all itchy all over. It’s just gross. We got some rain last weekend, but it didn’t seem to help too much. Hopefully it will quit blooming soon, so we’ll all feel kind of normal. Bad thing is when the pollen quits blooming the humidity seems to start spiking…and I am not ready for humidity…at all.

Tuesday, we finally had our new flooring laid in the laundry room. We put in new vinyl. I know it’s not tile or anything super expensive, but to be honest, it’s a laundry room. It looks a heck of a lot better than the 1990’s white, shiny, nasty vinyl that was in there. It looks like tile but not so cold. I love how it turned out.

I’m hoping to get to do Part 2 of my laundry room reno tomorrow. Cross your fingers.

Wednesday, Hunter had his Easter party at his preschool. Another mom {and also friend} and I planned a game, Easter egg hunt, and snack for the kids. It was a lot of fun.

March 2012 006March 2012 013March 2012 019March 2012 046March 2012 057March 2012 080

As a kid I remember looking at the funny pages in the paper with my grandfather. We would find the Family Circle page. They would have two pictures side-by-side. It was up to us to figure out what was missing or wrong with the pictures.

I always had fun doing that, so let’s play a little game of “What’s Missing”.

Take a look at the pictures and see if you can see what’s missing.

blog stuff2012 001Blog stuff 2012 003

Can you find it???

Let’s see if this helps…

Blog stuff 2012 005

Yes, this would be the pile of rubble that’s left of my brand new “Happy Spring” plate I put out this year.

Well, I guess that’s what I get when I don’t pay attention to my son who’s pretending to be Chase Utley playing baseball in the house.

Yes, the bat and ball are soft and squishy, but the swing and power that this little fellow has is unreal…and my poor plate saw the wrath of him.

Well, looks like I’ll be hitting After Easter Sales to try and replace my cute little plate.

Last thought of the day…

Not only does my little guy love pirates and baseball…he LOVES to hear himself talk.

He talks all.day.long.

I kid you not. I think he just loves to hear himself. He sings songs, makes up songs, asks a million and one questions, and literally wears me out mentally every day. But, I’ll take it. I know it drives me a bit batty when I’m trying to read in carpool or when I get really hungry and grumpy, but I love that he does talk to me. He’s an absolute joy and I love hearing the things he comes up with every day. He is a hoot!

Boy, I guess this post was more about Hunter than anything. Don’t worry, Dallas will get her glory when she tracks out soon…Hunter’s just with me all the time right now.

Well, happy Thursday. Thanks so much for stopping by. Night y’all!

No comments:

Post a Comment